Thursday, August 27, 2009

Photo Story Friday: Jailbird!

So yesterday while I was wandering around the blogging world I read an incredibly funny story with pictures added to it. It was great, it was entertaining, and it was a really sad story. I know very contradictory sentence there. But I liked the style so well that I decided to try my Photo Story for the week in this format. I'm not sure if it will work or not. Let me know!


You know how everyone says troubles always come in threes. Well my sister is proof of this very concept.

One day, (#1 the day she kinda got fired) my sister and her oldest son were driving on their way to a scout meeting. As she approached the white line where she was waiting for a red light to turn green, a police officer pulled up beside her and turned right. While she turned to watch him turn the light made its change and she started through the intersection. SCREECH! SQUEAL! WHAM! A horrible little teenager decided to shoot the gap and go first, she turned left before my sister who was going straight had a chance to stop and my sister slammed into the back of her car. (#2)

The only casualty in the accident was my sister's car. :(



May it rest in pieces. Well on the bright side my sister ended up getting a new car.

I mean "YIPEE! SHE GOT A NEW CAR! SHE GOT A NEW CAR! SHE GOT A NEW CAR!!!!!"

This is the first new car that she has ever owned. She's been pretty excited about it.


But as with many new used cars it came with a few bugs that needed to be worked out.

Happily, she was issued a lovely rental car that she lovingly called "The POS." Her three year old just loves to tell everyone that their car is a POS. It's rather entertaining.


This is not an actual picture of the car. The one that she was driving around was red and had dealer stickers plastered like wallpaper all over the front window.

One Friday afternoon, my mom, my younger sister, my three girls and I all went out to see my sister's new classroom at her new school. It is located in the little village, oh I mean town, just north of where we live, so you have to go on the highway to get to it.

We went, we saw, we left. My sister of course left before us because we had so many people to load up. But eventually we did make our way out onto the highway.

But apparently as we were blissfully driving home my sister glanced in her POS's rear view mirror and saw

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
MySpace Codes!

Well as you can imagine she nearly POS in her pants.

As the policeman cautiously approached the vehicle my sister rolled down her window.

PM- Can I see your license and Registration Please?

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
MySpace Codes!

KT(My Sister)-"Uh, I don't have registration. This isn't my car!"

PM- "That's what I thought. Where did you get this car?"

KT- "It's a loaner, my car is having work done and the dealership gave me this car as a loaner until mine's done getting fixed.

Suddenly sirens split the air for the second time in 5 minutes.

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
MySpace Codes!

The cop tured to watch as his fellow boys in blue swung around to park in front of my sister, blocking her escape.

My sister's mouth falls in her lap.
KT- "What's going on?"
PM- "Well, you see the problem is that a car of this make and model with dealer stickers and license plate was reported stolen from that same dealership."
KT- "I didn't steal this car it's a loaner!"
PM- "We'll see."


Sweat started beading up on her face and neck as she started contemplating her fate. (#3)


The policeman's cohorts exited their cars and approached to act as a guard while the first PM on scene returned to his car.


For a few very stress filled minutes she just waited, and waited, and waited.

And then the policeman walked back up to her driver's side window and said

PM- "Well I guess you didn't steal this car, apparently the vin # doesn't match."



Now I know that that was a pretty anti-climatic ending to the story but my sister was very happy!

Hopefully this is the end of her bad luck.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


15 comments:

Cecily R said...

Holy CRAP!!! There is no possible way I would be able to hold my cool in that situation! I'd probably have puked in the nice police officer's shoes...

Love the way you tell a story with your pictures!!!

tiarastantrums said...

that stinks! I would have freaked out!

kayerj said...

Holy Crap Heidi, I nearly POS-ed in my pants from laughing so hard, and I already knew the story. Your pictures made it even better especially the one with KT in stripes. Best post of the day!!!!!

Rose said...

Oh my goodness! How nerve racking! glad it all turned out fine. thanks for stopping by today!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I love the name of your blog! And your cake site is amazing!

Raise Them Up said...

I hope so, too!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That would be so seriously scary! I'm glad it all worked out OK!

And that was very creative indeed!

Robyn said...

What an ordeal that was.

Funnyrunner said...

cute story. Kaye sent me over. Good golly you have a cake talent, but I'm guessing that's not news to you...

I think if what happened to your sister happened to me I would be more angry than scared...

carol daniels said...

Now that's what I call a case of bad luck! Good story.

latree said...

hooo... I'm sweaty as well... that jail costume is funny!

Rachel said...

Great Story! Poor KT! I hope her bad luck ends soon!

Leslie said...

What a story. How did KT not loose it. Glad it turned out okay.

kayerj said...

Funny! You could have used better pictures though. If I'm not mistaking--those that you posted were taken after a week of camping. Nice pose too--I sooo, don't have a double chin. :)

Well, I am glad that something good came out of the situation. Heidi got a Photo Story Friday out of it. I was totally freaked out. I texted my husband while the officer was checking my information to tell him that I just may be going to jail and totally freaked him out. Luckily for me, I knew the 2nd officer on the scene. We laughed about it for a second when I asked him to vouch for me! Then they sent me on my way.

Needless to say, I am glad that my criminal record is still squeaky clean. Thanks for the laugh.

kayerj said...

PS that last post was KT--Not Kaye.