Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's a Coming of Age Thing

Every young girl feels that pull very early on that they need to take a stand and be independent of their mother.  Although this is a natural wonderful thing to have happen, sometimes as a mother I struggle with the loss of control.  Izzy has recently decided that her beautician skills have surpassed that of my own; she is insisting that, at the age of 7, she is old enough to do her own hair. 




Ah, who needs cute hair with a smile like that anyway. :)




 (And here's Kira's )

4 comments:

kayerj said...

I think you were 5 when you took over responsibility for your hair. and you are right, with a smile like that she looks beautiful all the time. fun story today. I enjoyed the look back at Kira's story too.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

So cute. Love her little headband. :)

Nat said...

Huh. I can't say I've ever had to deal with that one! :)

She is still so pretty!

Jamie said...

Hi Heidi! It's been awhile. I just came across your blog! I LOVE it! So cute. I love reading your writing. I hope all is well with you and your cute fam! I hope to stay in touch!

Jamie :)