Friday, October 9, 2009

Photo Story Friday: Crappy News!

We have been having severe toilet issues at my house.  First off one of the seats came loose.  I can't seem to get the nut to stay on so it frequently falls off.  Well the last time that the nut slipped enough to make the seat feel like a roller coaster ride I bent down to re-tighten the nut and surprise, surprise, the nut is missing in action.  I have looked everywhere, but still can't find it.  So using the bathroom at this point is hazardous to your health. 
A few days ago EM decided that she would brave the slippy slidey seat and used the bathroom.  After she was done she came running in,
"Mommy!  The water's coming up the potty!"  Yikes!
I high tailed it into the BR as quickly as I could and saw to my horror that she had decided that one piece of tissue wasn't enough...


(I have to admit that this isn't my toilet.  Hallelujah!  This is my cousins toilet.  Mine looked similar, but I didn't think to grab the camera.) 

No, my little one decided that using half a box of tissues instead of TP would be a better idea.  Puffs tissues, with lotion added.  The lotion really helps with absorbtion.
The water was rising to the rim so fast that as I raced around the corner of the bathroom I was nearly too late.  Like a madwoman I grabbed the plunger and started pumping.  I pumped and pumped but the stupid paper wouldn't go down.  The tissue was just too thick!  So I pumped and pumped some more, finally there was a gurgle of acceptance from the pipe below, just as the first few drops began to spill out from the bowl.
I sighed with relief as the bloated, mass of compressed tree bark slipped down into the depths of... yeah, I think that thought can stop there.
I stood straight and tall putting my hands on my hips giving the toilet the evil eye, showing it who's boss.  (Yeah, I really showed IT.)
I was quite satisfied with my work until about an hour later I went to use the bathroom, I have to admit that yes I do on occasion have to do that.  Sorry.  Well when I went to flush the toilet I got nothing.  Nothing happened but a light clicking sound.  Turns out the lever on the inside that connected to the handle broke completely off.  
I wanted to scream, what more could possibly happen in one day to my toilets!
Later that day my husband and I loaded the kids up to go to our local home improvement store.
On our way there we passed Walmart, as we did my oldest said, "Mom, can we go to the store?"
"What do you want at the store?"
"Well I want to go to the armpit section"

I looked at my husband,  and he looked at me. 
Even I didn't have an answer to that one.
"Ok, what do you want from the 'armpit section'?"  I asked KN.
"Well they have hand sanitizer on that same isle, I just wanted to get some."
"Maybe later, we can go to the 'armpit section' but first we have to go to the 'butt' section and get a few things to fix the toilets."
So we went, we bought, we left. 
When we got home, Kevin went in and changed out the flusher handle. hooray!  We no longer have to flush the toilet manually!
Take a look at this slick shiny beauty:


I happen to think it's the most fantastic thing I've ever seen ;)

So now I'm off to replace the rickety toilet seat!  Sometimes being a homeowner sucks!

For more great stories visit:
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Angie

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Sorry for your troubles but your post was TOO FUNNY.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

kayerj said...

I hope everything "came out" all right.

Anonymous said...

So funny! The "arm pit" section was just hilarious! Never really heard that one before!

Glad the toilet problems are getting solved! For your sake!

Nat said...

Ha ha ha! I'm glad everything worked out. ...and I wish that was your toilet, not mine! :)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh my gosh, I thought that first picture was my toilet-- that's the exact week we've been having!
Fun PSF this week.Armpit section-- what a crack up.

tiarastantrums said...

I agree - something is always breaking! Sometimes I see why people rent!

nightfall00 said...

That story was too funny! (I'm glad it wasn't mine) I hope things go better toilet-wise!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

"the armpit section" - too funny.

Home ownership is definitely overrated at times. I loved being able to call the front office when we lived in an apt and ask them to come fix things. And you didn't have to worry about mowing the lawn either...another great perk!

Latree@dandelion said...

ahaha... this one is the 'dangerous silence' we have to beware.

i hope everything soon be fixed.

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Amen to that! Sometimes, it does!

I can't believe how many rolls of toilet paper got stuffed into your toilet (and your sister's, for that matter). Holy cow! I hope we miss that stage, but if we don't, you can read about it on my blog. ha! :)

Emily said...

hahaha! The "butt" and "armpit" section? Hilarious. And good for you for plunging away...I have no idea where ours is nor would I ever use it even if I did. I'm a wuss like that!

Hoosier Homemade said...

Oh no! That is quite a mess! Good luck fixing it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
~Liz

Susie said...

You have to be the inventor of the Pain in the A** saying right? :) I love the title of this post--so fitting!!!

GREAT PSF!!!

Cafe Mommy - said...

LMAO!!! Too funy love your post. Made my day. Makes me feel like we're not alone in this world of toddlers and toilets! LOL

Robyn said...

I hate when the seat gets all slidey. I also hate plunging, but whatcha gonna do.

Annie Jeffries said...

What a great story. And what creative thinking by your oldest. LOL I wish my toilet issues had been as simple last year. Unfortuantely, I had to replace two entire toilets!! And heck, I don't even have a cute story to go along with it.

EG CameraGirl said...

So sorry I;m laughing...I KNOW it isn't funny. Hahahaha!

Casey's trio said...

What an adventure....love that the sections of the story are delineated by body parts!! We've had our share of toilet paper disasters over her too.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh the woes of the toilet! Glad things are getting better and it is safe to use the BR again!
We have recently had some fights with the toilet..... had to get a snake and run it down and down and finally get things flowing again.

Alice Audrey said...

Ugh! I am so glad those days are behind me. Um... pun not intended.

kanishk said...

I thought that first picture was my toilet-- that's the exact week we've been having!
Fun PSF this week.Armpit section-- what a crack up. Work From Home

Mimi said...

This was funny. I thought you were going to say you brought them to Walmart to use the toilet there!

Lindsay said...

Potty problems are the worst! Glad all is well with the porcelain throne now though :-)

CC said...

Yack and double yack!! Don't know about you, but we only have one toilet in our home. So when there is trouble, there is BIG trouble. Once we had to call a plumber at midnight (and pay his after hours price) to fix our toilet. yuck.